Thursday, February 21, 2013

Second Blog Post! News!


US senator says 4,700 killed in drone strikes

My Opinion

So a republican senator named Lindsey Graham says that 4,700 people have been killed in drone strikes. This is a large number of people, but we have been in war for over 10 years.

Personally I believe we shouldn't be over in the Middle East. I still believe that we are in their country to get our hands on their oil. The fact that people are upset about the drones does not make me skeptical in the slightest as to where our current agenda is going. We are going to keep troops deployed in that country until such a time that president Obama and Congress come to an agreement to bring our troops home.

Links:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/02/201322185240615179.html

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,
    I knew about the war in the Middle East but this drone war is pretty new to me. I agree with you that the only thing the government want is the oil. I can’t wait to hear more about current events and hearing your opinion on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela,
      Yeah the drone strikes are kind of the new thing conservatives use against the president. It has been the policy of the President's secretaries of state to not even acknowledge the drone program. It's bad for press. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll keep it up.

      M.

      Delete
  2. Wow I didn't know about drone strikes going on in the middle east. I agree with you that we are probably over there just for the oil and that our troops need to come back. Hopefully we get out of there soon. This is a great blog to keep people up to date on current events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kayla,
      Yeah the drone strikes were kind of kept under the radar of the U.S. media, but now they are being brought to light because of some whistleblowers. I think eventually we will get our troops back, but that it won’t be for at least another five to ten years. There is not enough civil unrest in this country to mandate undermining the military complex in this country. Hopefully soon people will want to voice their opinion more forcefully on the subject. I'll keep up the posts and thanks again.

      M.

      Delete