Tuesday, February 19, 2013

First Blog Post!...Again!

    EDIT: I originally had a Tumblr, but decided that the best way to deal with this school project would be to go and create a blogger. So here is my first blog post! Again! (it was created on 2/14/13).

Initially we had been told to brainstorm on what we would want our blog to be about. My brainstorming sheet somehow ended up pessimistic and cynical, so I had to start over. I don’t really feel compelled to do a blog about nice pictures, or illegal substances, or poetic social injustices. I certainly do not wish to have a blog graced by moderately annoying “Facebook” sayings on life. I get enough of those already. I will try not to do a blog pertaining to advice macros, or internet memes. Enjoyable as they are, I have found that with working four days a week (and taking three classes making up thirteen credits), there are not enough hours in the day. I am getting off track, so let me get back to my main point. If I am going to be forced to make a blog, I shall make it useful and relevant to my everyday endeavors. I will make this blog about current events, and my thoughts thereof. I will pick a current event topic circulating through the media (any form of media) so long as it can be considered moderately credible. I will try to branch out into global issues. This way I will further increase my knowledge of the outside world, while meeting the criteria of having a blog about “something”. Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. I like that your blog is going to be about current events. I am the kind of person that doesn't stay up to date on all the current events, and this blog will be interesting. I feel like it will help other people as well, and be factual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla,
      I sometimes feel that it is best to know what is going on in the world, because it is always better to be informed then misinformed or not informed at all. In concern with it being factual, I should hope so. I will try to find credible sources, and not post sporadically. I can understand if you have contempt for normal forms of media. I find Fox news to be too biased, propaganda based and too conservative, and MSNBC to be too liberal. Finding a nonpartisan news source is hard to come by. Wish me luck,
      M.

      Delete
  2. I know this blog will be interesting to myself and others as well. This will help update peoples knowledge on whats going on in the "real world" instead of whats going on Facebook, Twitter, ect...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Michelle!
      Yeah, I do find that social media is becoming a handicap in terms of spreading knowledge. It can be useful, but to an extent it seems to me that social media has become another fad to express with varying degrees of effort what is on our minds, rather than empowering human connection and furthering our understanding of the world. I will try to keep this blog updated weekly. Thanks for responding!

      M.

      Delete
  3. What kind of issues will you be talking about? political? scientific? medical? I’m looking forward to reading about your opinion and new events . Your blog will especially help because I never keep track of those kinds of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Pamela!

      In concern with the blog, I don't want to hinder myself and stay on just one topic in the media. The world is vast, and there are tons of amazing, tragic, interesting topics and headlines to follow and absorb. I will try to stay moderately current in my articles, and also contribute information I have gathered with additional research, as well as my own opinion. I will dabble into political, scientific, and medical topics; I will try not be too biased in that sense. As long as the article is interesting, and I have an opinion on it, I will most likely consider it for evaluation and posting. I hope my blog helps!

      Sincerely,
      M.

      Delete